Friday, August 22, 2014

Recovery

Deeeeeep Sigghhhhhhh. Wow. I have not only taken a break from this blog but from this house. We moved in on June 13th, followed by the birth of my niece, and then Parker's birthday party, and trying to unpack and landscape. Then Dustin had to go to work out of town again. The girls were out of school for summer which meant crazy schedules with them going in different directions and play dates. I have slowly put the house together. I lost all motivation to do much of anything but be a full time Momma again. We needed the break that's for sure.
 
We are settling in nicely though and it has felt like home from the first night. We feel beyond blessed and forever grateful for everyone that worked so hard on our dream home.
 
I haven't even taken pictures of our home until yesterday and it was with my cell phone not my good camera. I skipped a lot of the progress because we were too busy to breathe let alone stop long enough to take pictures!
 
We will start with the view from the front..
 
The landscaping is doing well. We have lots of plans to add to it but at least we have grass that is green and some shrubs and sage to start.

I absolutely love our garage doors. They compliment the squared look we have going throughout and match the windows. There has been a ton of work going from a 2 car garage with a 2 car shop to a 3 car garage. We have taken multiple trips to the dump, had a slightly successful yard sale and have built tons of shelving to hold all of our crap and Dustin's toys and tools.
 
The compass and house number sign we found on Etsy.com here.. alkemymetal

The pots and chairs were my mother's day gifts. Dustin and I have spent many hours pondering our landscaping dreams with a cold beer in hand here.
 
Thank you for stopping by!

1 comment: